Friday, March 10, 2017

Out of the box.. really outside of the box.. Picasso challenge

Ok, so this is my "artsy" side.  I have colored up images before that i really, really like but no one "gets" it.  This is one of those situations where i love this challenge, but i am not sure anyone else will be impressed.

So here is the story, i like a lot of artists and their styles.  I really like the challenges that are different.  Yeah, it's fun to make a card with just blue or maybe monochromatic.. but when a challenge wants you to be inspired by Picasso... that is fun for me.   I looked up some of his work and set my iphone in front of me and colored based on a painting he did.  Now, i know that everyone will have a different interpretation of what they see when they look at Picasso's work.  Like my daughter sees cut up pieces with one eye bigger than the other.  I see color or the lack of color and the design.

So this is what i created....I am using a Ching-Chou Kuik image called Dream of Dahlia
This is Picasso's painting that "inspired" me...makes more sense if you can see what i was trying to do.
I totally colored my image with copics, i wonder if i could have been more defined if i had used my Prismacolor pencils.

I have used We Are 3 Digital Paper - Warm Sand (available here)












Challenges:
Top 3 at Ching-Chou on Facebook-


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!