Saturday, December 10, 2016

My First Kit and Clowder Prisma Pencil Coloring class!

Ok, i know, i used a different image then the class.  The original image is super adorable and i purchased it too.  I was thinking i could make two different cards this way.

This Kit and Clowder class is the second Prisma pencil class i have taken, however i didn't have Prisma pencils the first time and used Prima Watercolor pencils.  Yeah, the two are different, but i find i like them both for different reasons.

I find that when i used the Prisma pencils (based on the class instructions) that i seem to use the pencil lead up quicker than the Watercolor pencils.  However, the Prisma pencils give a smooth texture when coloring the "tooth" and the Watercolor pencils don't seem to do "smoothness".  I am sure if i had more knowledge about the two mediums, i would be able to create much better.

So this is a learning process..and the side of me that wants to learn by being different is why i chose to color a different image.  I didn't want my work to look like everyone else's work.  Funny, because looking at the Kit and Clowder album on Facebook, everyone's work does look different even though they have used the same image. I still plan to color up the original image, just not with the window background.

Dies used:
Noor/Joy Craft- border, corner & easel

Prisma Pencils
All background pencils used are from the class
Penguin pencils i just randomly used

Whimsy Stamps image- Penguin, Light Me Up (original version)

We Are 3 Digital Paper- (red & green)
Storybook Collection- available here.

Challenges:
Crafting By Design- Here Come the Holidays

1 comment:

  1. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!