Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's a Dandy day for a Blog Hop!

The sweetest new stamps are at 7 Kids College Fund called Dandelion Designs and we are doing a blog hop to celebrate this new product at the store.






Dandelion Designs has graciously provided the prize for this blog hop! The randomly chosen hop winner will receive these six stamp sets AND that awesome winning feeling!
 *****
EXTRA, EXTRA...this news just in...you can save an additional 10% on Dandelion Stamps during the Blog Hop today at 7 Kids College Fund Store.  Your special Code is DD10 

I am the Guest Designer this month and i am hoping that my projects will inspire you to use this new line of stamps.

*Note: I will have a mini tutorial at the bottom of this post


Products i used from the store:

Not from store:

 To continue hopping please go to Rosie Bridges blog next
and here is the rest of the 7 Kids College Fund Blog Hop Design Team line up..
please make sure you visit each one!



  
How i made the cupcake box:
To make the cupcake, i die cut the smallest flower from the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die set out of Birthday Tissue paper.  I hole punched the centers and added a brad.  I hot glued each of the flowers to the top of the Paper Mache Cupcake box.  Next i wrapped the Washi Tape around the bottom of the cupcake.  I then colored my Dandelion stamped images and i basically cut them out. I also made the reverse image for the back of the bear and cupcake so that the cupcake can be viewed from any angle.  Once the images were cut out i ran one of them through the Xyron.  I then put a toothpick in the center of the bear and placed the "unglued" bear on top..then i fussy cut the bear fur.  I poked a hole in the top of the cupcake box and peeled back the bear legs so that the bear would "sit" on the cupcake (front and back).  I added the cupcake to the paw and then placed the unglued cupcake on the "back" side.   I placed the two sentiment hearts on the cupcake frosting one in the front and one in the "back".  I added Stickles to the frosting on the tiny cupcakes and to the center of the sentiment hearts.
Next i used MFT bow die and placed that on the "side" of the cupcake.

 Copics used:
 Bear- E41, 42, 43
 cheeks/ears- R20. 22
 tiny cupcake- E43, R81, 85
 sentiment heart- R81, 83












How i made the White shrink charms/necklace:
I stamped the images (using Stazon black ink) onto the white shrink film (making sure to stamp on the "rough" side of the film, if it doesn't appear rough, than sand it slightly.
  Next i use colored pencils to color my stamped images.  I cut out the images and hole punched them so that i could add a jump ring to make them a charm.  Next i used my heat gun and tweezers to hold the images and followed the instructions on the package..(basically, i just held the images until they shrunk to about half the size..they will curl up and start to lay flat again.)  I added the jump rings and then attached them to the ball an chain necklace.






























Challenges:
Pumpkin Spice- Something sweet
Crafts 4 Eternity- Sweet Tooth
Stempelsonne - Bakery

33 comments:

  1. Awesome projects! I love that cupcake and that bracelet is sweet.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable and love your project. Thanks for sharing the how to... I love working with shrink it is so much fun.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really precious Bonnie! So creative and one of a kind! Whoever gets this is going to be thrilled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project. I haven't used shrink plastic lately, will have to pull some out. Love the cupcake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and sweet (how could a cupcake be anything else!). Of course, since I'm partial to teddy bears, this one touches my heart. Great creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cupcake box...love the steps you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! love this sweet project! thanks for sharing the tutorial too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing project! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely precious and thanks for the fabulous tut! I sooo wanna make one of these! That bear is so stinkin' CUTE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...such clever projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that was fabulous and aren't those charms gorgeous. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Bonnie!!! I LOVE your cupcake!!! It's so awesome especially with the shrinky dinks!!!! You went above and beyond girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the cupcake! That is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just incredible---love, love the box. Thanks so much for including how you did this! Thanks for joining our Shop Pumpkin Spice "candy" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the way you made your own charms! They look so cute hanging there. You have done and AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Wie phantastisch! Ganz große Klasse!

    Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wie klasse. Das ist ja toll geworden,
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge,

    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous project. The cupcake that you created looks so cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very cute project! I recently picked up one of those cupcake boxes, so thanks for the tutorial. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonnie, this is scrumptious! Love the bear on top and how you created the icing! Very cute charms to!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome. and thanks so much for the detailed instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW das ist super tolle geworden!!!
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely DARLING Bonnie!! 8-) Wowie!! LOVE your Fabulous cupcake box and the Darling charm necklace too! Been wanting to try something like that for a while now! So thanks for the Amazing inspiration Sweet Lady! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a terrific job. I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow...what a great cupcake you made!!! It is fabulous! Thanks for taking part at our Challenge at Stempelsonne!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this project. I want to make one ASAP. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute! Love the cupcake design.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!