Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Are you ready for Easter?

I have an idea that can be super quick and fun!  Easter baskets and Easter S'more Peeps.  I am using Easter Paquali from Digital Delights..and guess what?

The digital image, Easter Pasquali is the Digital Delight's March Bargain..and a super deal for $1 and if you don't feel like coloring there is a Easter Pasquali colored image as well for $1.10.

I did color mine and that is what you will see in this post.  Here is the complete idea:
What i did:
I purchased two tin buckets from Super Target, some bunny Peeps, graham crackers, and small Hershey bars.  I had card "sleeves" in my stash to use to hold the "s'more" Easter surprises.

Next i colored large images 4" tall (or whatever size you want to make them to fit your bucket/basket).  I actually cut out the images in an oval shape because i didn't have the right size die!  Then i used a Spellbinders scallop to mat the oval image.  I punched a few glitter stars for the "boy" basket and added a flower and a bow to the "girl's" basket.
Using a smaller image i typed out the "recipe" for making a s'more using a peep.  I cut the "recipe" out using a die and then matted it in pink or blue as shown.   I stapled the patterned paper to the top of the peep smore back and foam dotted the "recipe".

I think my grandchildren will be surprised when they receive this Easter basket.  And thinking about it, it has a Vintage look that i love!!

Here are "s'more" pictures for you to see:

 Copics used:
 bear- E50,  53, R14, 20, E0000, 00
 inside ears- E0000, 50
 blue- B91, 93, 95
 pink- R81, 83, 85
 jacket- BG10, 11, 13
 chick- Y15, YR23, 21, 04
 shirt- W1, CB


Challenges:
Craftin Desert Divas- Easter Extravaganza
Eureka Stamps challenge- what's in your Easter Basket
Victorine Stamps- Easter
Celebrate the Occasion- Easter #104

12 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Reminds me of the basket I did for Claire's teacher a couple years ago. Like the addition of the 'Smores ingredients. Very nicely done. Thinking I need to make a trip to Target (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic...What a wonderful idea...Wish I had some kiddies to make some for...I love it...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! I love s'mores!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very fun Bonnie! I love the cheery colour and such a scrumptious pail of goodies! Gonna be some super happy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, Bonnie! They turned out so cute! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Bonnie; what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute project, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! Very creative! Thank you for linking up with us for linky party #2 over at http://craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com/.

    I am a new follower and would love to have you visit/follow me :).

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Easter baskets. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic baskets, love both of them. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx
    P.S. I've got blogaversary candy on my blog, all you need to do is enter. I invite warmly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This are such awesome gift baskets!!! Beautiful use of the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun, I love the smore's and the adorable gift details! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Easter" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!