Friday, February 3, 2012

An antique key and a story from the heart.

Just thought i'd walk you through my process of creating..

I am always inspired by a challenge...and then add a bit of a theme...and my mind goes wild with ideas.  Then i start visualizing what i want to make and seems like 9 times out of 10 it changes as i work with the project...sometimes i am happy and other times not so much. 

So TGF Farm Fresh challenge is... "Key to My Heart"...instantly i thought of some paper i had w/keys on it but as i looked at it i thought it was too large for the size and happened upon this pink 12 x 12 paper that had keys in the upper right hand corner dangling...and i thought perfect.

As i was on Pinterest, i saw this 3-d heart diecut in a box and again i thought...lets combine the two elements in a box and i always think of Alice when i think of keys...don't know why but i do.  Now i got all of my basic elements...let's put it together....oh yeah, i need an Alice book to cut up...it's in my stash....$.69 from Goodwill...kid's "reduced" version...so not so great to read...but great to cut up because of the size of the font.

Here is my project:

So, i got to the part of adding the images and heart and thought it needed something more...so i went to my jewelry stash and pulled out an antique key...added some more of the pages around the edge of the box and put some glossy accents on top of that too.  The heart die i used is from Cheery Lynne Designs.  The bottom of the box looked a bit bare and my daughter said, how about some grass..well, i took that literally and went to Lowes in search of some "fake" grass...who knew they had free cut samples???  Awesome.  Once the grass was down...Alice looked one dimensional so i made a pop out sort of box to make her stand out more. Heart charm is from Michaels...bulk pack and the crown is from Tim Holtz's charm pack.
So all in all a pretty good day, other than i couldn't get a good shot of my project without shadows.

Challenges:
TGF Farm Fresh challenge blog- Monday/Funday- "Key to my Heart theme"

2 comments:

  1. This is just incredible! I love how it all seems meant to be! Love your creative process! Fabulous key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Bonnie!!
    This is brilliant!! (My new word) Love the idea behind your creativity. This is gr8!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!