Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black and White with one Contrasting color

This week at Bronte's & Bellas (alias Mo's) the challenge is to make a black and white card with one contrasting color.  This is an image that my daughter chose from Mo's store...and i thought, how can i use an image this week and this popped into my mind...so that being said the card is made "in honor" of my daughter who took on a difficult job in April and is feeling the "brunt" of this new job lately.  She needs lots of hugs right now.  Kerri this one is for you....



What i did:
I embossed the background paper.  Then i used my gypsy and made a cluster of "hugs" words...sounds simple, but it's a lot of work using different fonts and getting them to fit in a 2 x 4" space.   I colored the cute image and cut it out.  Had my cricut cut out a scalloped circle for behind the elephant and added a bit of black and white baker's twine.

Copics used:
Elephant- C3, 5, 02
Tusk, hair & nails- E81
Monkey- E02, R24

Challenges i've entered this card in:
I Did It Creations- Animals

3 comments:

  1. Great image choice for this theme! Love all the hugs, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! Oh I do love this sweet stamp, youve done it up perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at Mo’s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coloring on the elephant. This card is adorable. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!